Temporary Foster Care (Cats/Dogs)
Description: Be a hero! Lake Haven is looking for volunteers to temporarily foster animals until they are ready for adoption. In doing so, you will be saving a life. The more foster homes we have, the more animals we can save from being euthanized. After screening, fosters can choose if they are interested in cats or dogs and can request the breed/size/type of animal they are most comfortable fostering.
Lake Haven will provide all food and supplies needed (i.e. cat cages, puppy pens, etc.).
Requirements: Lake Haven volunteers must be 18 years of age or older or accompanied by an adult volunteer. You must be the head of a household in order to foster for Lake Haven.
(1) For the health and safety of your current pets, they must be spayed/neutered and up-to-date on vaccinations. For dogs, this includes vaccination against Bordetella (Kennel Cough).
(2) You will need a spare room away from other pets to foster cats/kitten and a fenced-in yard (preferred) for dogs/puppies;
(3) Provide shelter and love;
(4) Provide transportation to necessary veterinarian visits (Lake Haven pays for visits);
(5) If possible, take digital photos of your foster pet for placement on the Internet; and
(6) Transport to our pet store adoption events.
There is also a need for those interested in fostering cats after their spay/neuter surgery until they are ready for adoption. The average stay in your home is one week. All that is required is a quiet place for the cat to recover after spay/neuter surgery.
Please fill out our online volunteer form at www.lakehavenrescue.org/volunteer and indicate if you are interested in fostering cats or dogs. You will then be contacted and screened to make sure you have the right accommodations. Additional training is provided.
© 2009 by Lake Haven.
Lake Haven is a non-profit no-kill animal rescue shelter dedicated to the care and adoption of homeless and/or injured dogs, cats, kittens and puppies in the West Michigan area. Lake Haven is a recognized 510(c)3 organization that is 100% volunteer operated.